Returns, Refunds, Exchanges
Because we make most items to order we don't by law have to accept returns or exchanges, but none of us want to live in that kind of world so in practice, we usually take your returns and resell them on our Outlet page. You get a better service and we don't lose money, it's a win-win as long as you don't abuse our free postage offer.
The first step is to email us before you put anything in the post.
Please send items straight back within 14 days of receipt.
We do have some guidelines for returning things:
- Please make sure you wear something underneath when trying
- We can only accept items that are unworn, with no stains or smells and that you confirm are safe to handle.
- If the returned items do not meet the above standards,
we will refuse the returned product.
HOW TO RETURN SOMETHING TO US.
1. Email us to check for any special instructions UK is easy, International has an extra step
2. You don’t have to send it back in the original packaging – padded envelopes are fine, the goods must be returned in perfect condition, so pack carefully, especially anything in white leather - do not let white leather sit next to anything coloured, even tissue, the colour will leach into the white. Make sure the items will not get wet with rain (or worse) on their return journey.
3. INTERNATIONAL RETURNS - to avoid your incoming return being held at the border and then returned to you, please make sure you mark the customs ticket clearly UK RETURN : NO COMMERCIAL VALUE. And put the value as £5- you can still insure for the full amount, but in the UK, tax is paid at 20% on everything coming in over £15 or the item is returned undelivered.
4. Send it back to us: Lux Tenebrae, 55a Brookside, Pill, BS20 0LA, UK
5. Use registered post, and keep your receipt/proof until you know it has arrived, if it doesn’t arrive here you'll need to claim against your postal service.
6. You will receive your refund usually within minutes – it all depends on your bank. We’ll send you an email to confirm.
Exchanges are generally quick and easy if it's like for like, email us first to check for any special instructions (usually so we can improve the fit for you), then there's two ways to do your exchange:
Quickest - Order a new set online and return what you have to us - we'll refund you when it arrives
Slowest - Return what you have and we'll start making your replacement when it's safely back at the studio
Please consider buying tracking for your exchange, otherwise we will send it out under the free post system guaranteed for only £20.
You can purchase tracking here https://www.luxtenebrae.com/collections/postage
EU - please read here to avoid being charged VAT on your exchange. You must get your EU export number from Brussels BEFORE you put anything in the post.