Leather colour chart
Specials - colours and one-offs
Purple Haze - all items of lingerie, possibly up to mini skirt size
snakeskin - bra trim only
natural python snakeskin - bra trim only
Azure Blue -small items
Blush rose - small items only
pink python printed lambskin - skirts, trousers, dresses
Mother Of Dragons Black crocodile embossed -
Our luxurious British glove leathers from Pittards are delicate to the touch, and yet are washable by hand or machine, treat as wool. Incredibly soft and thin, this drum dyed, aniline hairsheep leather has an average thickness 0.5mm and yeild of around 5sq ft per skin so because of their small size, larger garments may have more seams than expected.
Hand Wash - For best results -
- Produce a good lather in lukewarm water using mild detergent or soapflakes.
- Immerse your item and wash gently on your hands.
- Remove item and rinse thoroughly in clean water.
- Squeeze out all excess water from the fingers downwards and pull gently into shape.
- Hang to dry away from direct sunlight or heat.
- White items should not be washed with coloured articles. Coloured items may be washed with articles of a similar colour provided the above instructions are followed.
- For best results wash items before they become too soiled!
- Wash your item on the low temperature (up to 30°C) gentle cycle of a domestic washing machine (only where recommended).
- Use a mild soap or soap flakes that are recommended for washing woollens.
- Cotton or synthetic washing materials and those containing bleach or Sodium Perborate are not suitable.
- Do not use any fabric conditioner.
- Do not use strong washing materials as they may damage the leather's performance properties.
- Ensure that your items are thoroughly rinsed.
- Spin gently, pull into shape and hang to dry in natural room temperature away from direct sunlight.
DO NOT TUMBLE DRY OR PLACE ON A RADIATOR
- When nearly dry, put the item on hand to restore shape and softness.
- Remove from your body and hang up to dry fully.
- When dry place on your body and buff the surface with a soft cloth.
The colour fastness of leather is highly dependent on shade and finish
The aniline glove leather we use, by virtue of its delicate nature, can be made using only a limited range of dyestuffs meaning certain intense fashion colours may achieve no better than grade 2 on a grey scale assessment.This is perfectly adequate for everyday wear on it's own but requires caution if the leather is to be used in conjunction with other materials.